KEY TAKEAWAYS FROM THE SI TALK 2 - CORPORATE SUSTAINABLE STRATEGIES
On February 22nd, CLS held our Sustainable Talk 2 about Sustainable Corporate Strategies counting with the presence of Corporate Affairs and Market Access Director at AstraZeneca Portugal, Rosário Trindade, Head of Digital Services at Ericsson Portugal, Nuno Roso, Consumer Experience Director at Volvo Car Portugal, Aira de Mello as well as International Business Relation and Marketing & Communication at Universal Kraft, Daniela Martins.
What is a sustainable corporate strategy?
- It is the integration of economic, environmental and social aims into a companies goals activities and planing. With the aim of creating long term value for the firm, its stakeholders and for the wider society.
- This means that a strategy is formulated and executed so that the needs of the company and its stakeholders are met today while protecting sustaining and enchaining natural resources that will be needed in the future.
- Sustainable corporate strategies affects all of us which is why collaboration is vital for success.
- Somehow we are all connected and dependent on each other and this talk can therefore provide information for better understanding of how different industries operate in this matter.
- So why is it that they have in common, how can they collaborate, what are the recipes for success and how can co-creation is a key in reaching global sustainability goals?
How does a company position itself when it comes to creating a more sustainable product and service?
What types of responsibilities and challenges do you think the relevant stakeholders have today?
- People are changing to electrification, but we also believe that there is more to do than just producing electric cars
- Volvo has been recognised for their bold sustainability plan - We fine our self for every Co2 we produce and raise the money to sustainable organisations
- Use blockchain technology to track where our co2 is coming from
- We try to produce things our self in order to make sure that we can make this production as sustainable as possible
- Careful in choosing our partners
- The biggest issues that we have is in infrastructure where it today can be more expensive to charge with electricity
- AZ Portugal became climate neutral in 2020 and climate positive in 2021
- We don’t believe any society can be sustainable if public health care is not provided - we are therefore trying to make medicine that is affordable to everybody
- Ethics and transparency - diversity and inclusion - the gender gap is quite relevant for us
- We do tree plantation
- Our goal is to create value within the whole value chain, from production to consumption.
- We try to reuse, reduce and recycle
- We try to support the hiring of local labor
- We believe that “connectivity is king”
- We are aiming to make a 5G implementation as sustainable as possible - and bring a technology that can really improve society.
- Security is the centrepiece of priority in our services.
FROM ALL PARTNERS OF THE SI, WE GIVE A BIG THANK YOU TO OUR SPEAKERS AND ALL WHO PARTICIPATED IN THIS SECOND PART OF OUR INITIATIVE!WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEE YOU ALL AGAIN ON APRIL 5th IN THE TALK 3 - SUSTAINABLE DIGITALIZATION!
For any additional questions – feel free to get in touch with CLS!