KEY TAKEAWAYS FROM THE TALK 3 – Sustainable Digitalization & Cyber Security
On April 5th, CLS held our third Sustainable Talk about Sustainable Digitalization & Cyber Security counting with the presence of Head of Portugal Networks & Industry Solutions at Ericsson Portugal, Luis Muchacho, Partner and DX & UX Lead at Xpand IT, Sérgio Viana and moderator CLS Vice-Presicent, Founder and CEO of Croudcare SA, Hans-Erhard Reiter.
Ericsson what are the key issues we are looking at in terms of sustainability, and is sustainability even a part of your planning when rolling out new telecommunication and networks?
- Sustainability has been part of Ericsson’s strategy for many years.
- Trying to implement it into our own operations as well as adding a sustainability report to our annual report following the UN Sustainability goals.
- As a technology provider, we have the vision that the access to telecommunication is a basic human need and that sustainability creates value.
- Therefore, we see that providing telecommunication for society, can help improve sustainable societal goals.
- Implementation of 5G will make these processes quicker and smoother.
- This is something we are doing on our own factories, where we implement 5G and AI technologies to increase efficiency and to reduce our carbon footprint.
What is Xpand-IT take on what digitalization brings to the table?
- It is all about the people using these technologies.
- The solutions we build and use support sustainable goals which then come back to use.
- The evolution of technology will happen one way or the other and therefore it is important to focus on the right purposes.
- The new generations of today are a lot more aware of environmental footprint and therefore it is important for digital providers to follow through.
- It is important for softwares to either build our use sustainable solutions.
Can technology really break the energy curve or is it doing the opposite?
- Ericsson has done studies that show that with the implementation and use of, for example 5G and AI and it will be possible to break the energy curve.
- With the use of AI today machines can identify when systems and website have no traffic and therefore automatically turn off energy use when it is not being used.
How does a company like Ericsson address issues of cyber security?
- We look at security in two ways: through the products we use and through the products we deliver.
- There there are many areas to look at but for example we have worked to cover security over the whole supply chain
- When it comes to security of products that we deliver 5G is a good example of a new product that is developed to cover higher security for users compared with previous generations.
- It is important for further work to build security solutions as a part of the business model.
- Further to build certificates that can validate security solutions out there.
- Every time a company is building a new solution, it is therefore vital that cyber security is implemented from the beginning.
Other Questions Asked
- How can you improve and educate users of technology to be more sustainable?
- How can digital startups implement sustainability in their strategy?
- Are there easy and affordable ways for startups, to implement cyber security?
FROM TEAM SWEDEN AND ALL PARTNERS OF THE SI, WE GIVE A BIG THANK YOU TO OUR SPEAKERS AND ALL WHO PARTICIPATED IN THIS THIRD PART OF OUR INITIATIVE!
STAY TUNED FOR OUR UPCOMING EVENT!
For any additional questions – feel free to get in touch with CLS!